Saturday, February 1, 2014

Rustic Burlap Cake

I did it! I finally finished the wedding cake that have given me too many dreams to count! Not only dreams but this cake was keeping me up at night long before it was even in the oven! I am glad it is finally done!
 I think I must have stressed about it a little too much today because I have had the worst headache in at least 5 years! Let me interrupt you and say no, this is not a hangover headache either! This was probably the first time I didn't have any wine to sip on to relax me while I worked, though it was clearly needed! But maybe I'm just overly exhausted? Anyways, I'm relieved to have finished the cake on time. I hope it tastes as wonderful as my practice cake last week! 
 The reception area was decorated beautifully too! I loved all the burlap! The table runners and flower jars with burlap were the perfect touch. I wish I would have made more little flowers though for the cake table! They would have been cute on a few other tables as well.

P.S. Have you "liked" my cake page on Facebook yet? Click here to do so ---> Simply Delightful Cakes

2 comments:

lkph said...

Beautiful...as is all of your work...kids included.

Sadie D said...

Thanks Lynda! I'm so glad it's done! But as stressful as it was, the feedback I received from the people at the wedding made it worth while! Now I want to do another...!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!