Thursday, November 29, 2012

Baby Update

After about 2 weeks of uncertainty, I finally went in to the doctor this morning. All is well! I've lost some weight though, probably due to all the worrying I've been doing! But the baby is growing at its normal pace. 

We spoke briefly about the hemorrhage too of course. During my emergency room visit on the 16th, the doctor said the hemorrhage is larger, which to everyone, including my doctor, took it as the hemorrhage has gotten bigger. In our chat today, I asked her what the severity of my case was, so she compared the numbers. On my Oct 28th visit, it measured approximately 6cm x 4cm x 2cm, which is considerably large. During my last visit on the 16th, it measured 3cm x 2cm x 1cm, which is still considered a large hemorrhage, but what he failed to tell us was that it had actually gotten smaller! From what my doctor and I gathered, when he said "the hemorrhage is larger" he was comparing it to what they normally see, instead of comparing it to mine. Boo to emergency room doctors!

Here's the ultrasound from the 11th when I went in to checked due to spotting over the weekend. On the left you can see the baby and in the right corner you can see the hemorrhage, the big black mass. This was when it was near its largest size.

During my ultrasound today, they checked and measured the hemorrhage again. Most ultrasound techs won't tell me what they find, but this one did! She showed me where exactly the hemorrhage was and explained what she saw. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it, but the majority of where it was is now a grey color instead of the black that it used to be, which shows that it is resolving itself and shrinking in size. Both the doctor and ultrasound tech think the hemorrhage should be fully or mostly resolved by my next appointment which is scheduled for the end of December. Hooray!!

Despite how helpful the ultrasound tech was at explaining what was on the screen, she still sent me home with a nice picture of my baby's butt and legs, and one of the hands and abdomen. They usually give you one with a face...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So happy it as shrunk some and i bet it was a relief to know it actually got smaller and the er doc was just making you sweat it..... sometimes i wonder if they do those things for fun.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!