Friday, November 30, 2012

Baby Announcement Birthday Board

About two months ago, we told our families we were expecting baby #3 to arrive near the end of May. Because this is will be our last child, we wanted to tell our families in a special way. The way I chose to tell my mom and dad was by means of the birthday board. I've seen quite a few of them on Pinterest and thought they were super cute!

Overall it was pretty simple to make, just time consuming! I bought the round discs at Michael's, along with the hooks to hang them to each other. The wood came from our scrap pile in the garage. Perry willingly agreed to cut it and sand it for me. I spent a couple days spray painting the board, and painting all the discs. I wish I wouldn't have chose white! Those ones needed about a hundred coats of paint it seemed!

For the words on the board, I downloaded a couple fonts I liked, then blew them up on my computer and printed them out. Then I painstakingly cut them all out, and fixed some that the boys ripped... then traced them onto the board to paint. 

I sent pictures of my progress to my sisters in hopes they would see the "Dustin #3" written on one of the discs, but they didn't. When I finally completed the board, Robin noticed it, but only because her birthday was hanging right above it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!