Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Re-Styled Nightstand for Kiki

Earlier this year when I was working at the hotel, they had various room decor items they were giving away. Along with a few lamps for our basement, I was able to snag this nightstand for Charlotte's room. It matched the changing table perfectly. 
Once I finished painting her room "Deep Coral", I wanted to find a way to add the second color of the nursery room palette to her room, without it being overbearing. I racked my brain for hours on what I could do with the green/blue/turquoises color. I thought about painting a pretty pattern on her closet doors, painting the trim in the room, painting some kind of pattern on the opposite wall but nothing really stuck out. So the only feasible option was to paint the furniture.

Perry volunteered to sand it all down for me, which helped a lot. I set to work on painting it...with children coming in and out of the garage to help. I think it turned nice!
Now I want to paint the changing table to match...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!