Thursday, August 1, 2013

Britta and David's Wedding

Over the past year, I've taken many phone calls from my wonderful friend Britta crying and stressing about her upcoming wedding. And now it's already over! Just like I told her, it'll be over before you know it! I know from experience, it's extremely hard to plan a wedding with kids running around! Regardless, she did a great job and the wedding weekend turned out to be a lot of fun for everyone! Kudos to the bride!
 Because she wanted her Maid of Honor at her bachelorette party, she had it the night before...and yes, I brought Charlotte along. She refuses to take a bottle so she's stuck with me.  You can check out the jail cake I made for her here.
 During the party, Britta and her "bandits" had to go around town to find the rest of her outfit. At the Best Western she was given a sash that read "Suck for a Buck" in which she had to sell all of her suckers. The Best Western then gave her a clue that lead her across the street to the Duck Inn Restaurant. Since Charlotte had stopped fussing for a bit and fell back asleep, I went with the group over there before heading home. I was glad we picked up masks there as I used to work there! I went home after that stop as I didn't think it would be appropriate to take a baby around town to bars :) They made I think 5 more stops before closing time! I was passed out by midnight...

The next morning I rushed out the door, with Charlotte in tow, to head back to Havre for my hair appointment. Afterwards I headed over to Britta's grandma's house to get my dress on...but I forgot it at home...oops!  Thankfully my mom was able to bring it to me! 
I remembered everything else though! Even my veil for her to wear! Something borrowed...
 Speaking of borrowed, she repurposed the vases from my wedding centerpieces so she could use them in hers. 
Charlotte was such a good little girl the whole darn day. She slept for most of it, and was passed around a lot. She was loved by all!
 Despite only one *major* breakdown before the wedding, everything went off without a hitch and Britta so relieved to have the ceremony over with. And then was able to start enjoying the rest of the evening.
 And was a lot happier when it came time for more pictures! :)
 So happy she felt the need to be a$$ grabbing during pictures. That's the Britta I know!
 I was *so* excited when she fired me from making her cake. I thought this one was really pretty! I for one didn't want to stress about getting the cake there and setting it up and such, all while being a bridesmaid. Not fun for me...! I'm glad she found someone else!
 I love that she smashed cake on his head!
 But I loved even more all the little flower girls huddled around the cake table. They were all so cute!
 Their first dance as husband and wife...err I guess first dance as a family. I teared up when I heard Britta had her "step" daughter's mom sign papers to change their little girls last nice to theirs. So sweet. What a great way to become a family!
I hope this doesn't scar little Rylee for life. Her face is priceless! "What's daddy doing?!" She was so cute during the ring ceremony. She walked right up to them and nonchalantly looked up at them and asked, "What are you guys doin'?" Reminds me of Hunter at our wedding. "Mom, is this your wedding?"

Congrats to the happy couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!