Friday, August 23, 2013

WTH?! Baby Names

Naming my children was a struggle for me. The names we ended up with, for the boys, weren't my first choice for them. 

The name I *really* wanted for Hunter was Conner Patrick, but since Conner wasn't a family name, I had to choose something else. Perry pushed and pushed for Hunter...funny because I was doing all the pushing...honestly I slipped up a few times after we brought him home. I remember going in to pick him up and saying "It's okay Conner..." Oops. I'm not the only one right?

And James wasn't even on the list. Frankly, the only name on the list was Kyle Robert, but Perry wasn't keen on passing along his middle name. Since we kept the sex of our baby a surprise, I couldn't call my family to say "HEY! I had a baby boy!" unless he had a name. So we threw a few more names out and I finally said something along the lines of  "Fine, let's just name him James Patrick." And that was that. I was always pretty stuck on Charlotte though. 

Anyways, right after I have a baby, I'm always very curious to see what other people have named their babies, and of course to make sure I have the cutest baby in the nursery... :) Just kidding. But seriously. After I had Charli, I was on E-Cradle all the time. I don't know why. It amused me I guess. And I liked looking at her picture with her eyes open. But as I was scrolling through, I came across a baby boy named Rhyder Swayze Sodapop. Yup. The kid was cool enough to be named after an American beverage. Jealous! And then tonight, I got back on there and found two more gems. A little girl named Dangerous Lee Mayham. All I can think is in 5 years her saying, "Hi, my name is Dangerous. Wanna play?" Poor girl. Maybe for a boy? Because that suits Conner Hunter well. And then this poor little boy... Faustinus Quintus Fry. I guess we'll call him Small Fry for short and hope he doesn't have to spell his whole name anytime soon... 


This is when my boredom peaked. I searched the whole web for other pecular baby names. To think these babes will grow up to put names like these on resumes?! (Who thinks babies will have resumes one day? I do. That's why my daughter is Charlotte and not just Charli...because Charli Dustin sounds pretty masculine.) Here are some names famous peeps names their kids:

Happy Hinds - Her mother is singer Macy Grey
Audio Science (Seriously?!)
You know Jamie Oliver off of his food show on ABC? He named his kids Buddy Bear Maurice, Poppy Honey, Daisy Boo and Petal
Pilot Inspektor
Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily
Fifi Trixibelle, who has siblings named Peaches and Pixie
And Gwen Stefani named her daughter Zuma Nesta Rock. 
Just because you're famous doesn't mean your kids should have to suffer...

And then there are these dandies from Today.com who did a piece on the worst baby names.
Dinner Ware
Mayo Head
Mustard M. Mustard
Pickle Parker

And for those of you who have watched the Simpson's, these names actually exist or have existed...
Al Caholic 
Oliver Clothesoff
Anita Bath 
Maya Buttreeks

Then again, maybe I'm just a little old fashioned when it comes to names....?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!