Sunday, December 8, 2013

Barn Door Baby Gate

I love Pinterest. And I hate that it has the ability to suck me in, but I find so many good ideas on there that it is somewhat justified. If you want to follow me, here's the link to my boards. Anyways, for a while I was on a kick about wanting to redo a wall in our home using pallets.
Something along these lines. I like the rustic look it has. And Perry liked the IDEA of it too, just not the work portion of it... But I was able to convince him to make a baby gate for me. I saw a photo of a pallet board baby gate and thought it looked super cute. Surprisingly, a few weekends ago, Perry set to work on my new gate for Miss Charlotte. (No she's not crawling yet, but I'm sure it won't be long after the holidays are over!)
 When Hunter was a babe, we had a little adjustable one that was easy to put up and put down. I liked it because not only could I easily step over it, but I could also use it to block off other areas of the house. However, as we used it a ton, it became less sturdy. Eventually we purchased an accordion gate for the top of the stairs when JP was roaming around, but it was removed as soon as he was proficient in stairs. I hated it....
So now we have this cute little barn door for the top of our stairs to keep little Charli upstairs. And it rocks in the middle of the night and in the morning because I can actually here the boys come upstairs! Perry likes it so much he might build a split door for the basement to help keep the noise downstairs. Maybe a spring time project...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!