Tuesday, December 24, 2013

'Tis the Season for Cookie Decorating

I have yet to attend one of the Dustin's big cookie decorating parties where family and friends are invited over for an afternoon of fun decorating cookies. A party was in the works this year, but didn't quite make it to the itinerary. Luckily we were able to squeeze it in between events. 

Although I have one of the cutest little nephews, he sure is a stinker and unfortunately isn't letting mom eat dairy products. Throughout the week we've been altering recipes here and there so she can eat the same things we are. 
 So on Sunday afternoon this temporarily-vegan momma set out to make dairy free dough for the sugar cookies. 
 Somehow I was wrangled in to the the tedious task of cutting out the cookies. I was excited to finally have a helper when JP showed up!
 He was super excited to cut out objects, but we ended up re-rolling his dough a few times as some of the objects were over lapping and some just fell apart when he picked them up. 
 
Once we had all the cookies baked, we stashed them away until we found a good time to frost them all. The cookie eaters didn't have to wait too long to devour them as Aunt Em and Grandma made frosting and spread out the decorating supplies Monday morning (before breakfast!).
 
This snowflake was one of the cookies JP helped to cut out. And he was SO focused on frosting it that it took...at least 7 minutes to complete. And before anyone could tell him differently, he ate it. And it took twice as long to eat as it did to frost.
 I think it's safe to say everyone enjoyed frosting cookies. There would be more but a lot of the "bad ones" were eaten before they were allowed to dry...


 Hunter was SO focused when he was decorating. That's a side of him I hardly get to see!
 
 I love getting my picture taken with my kids - especially when they are looking super cute, like Hunter!
 You can tell by the overload of frosting which ones my children did...
I have quite a few pictures of Uncle Cameron....And they ALL have turned out like this...Sorry Cameron!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!