Friday, December 6, 2013

Monkey Shiner Babblings

M - Hunter, you need to decide where you want to eat at with Grandma for your birthday.
H - I already chose Old McDonalds!
M - I think you should pick a nicer place for dinner since it's your birthday dinner.
J - Like Wendys?

J - MOM! I just saw a golfing sign! That means NO GOLFING ON THE ROAD!
M - Or maybe it means there's a golf course right there?
J - No mom, you are not allowed to golf on the road!

I'm in the middle of working on this teething guard for Kiki's crib. I had accidentally sewed on a wrong piece of fabric and needed to rip the stitches out. I had an extra seam ripper, and since the boys were off fighting over a toy, I volunteered JP to help me. (Awesome fine motor skills practice!!) Eventually Hunter wanted to help too, so I went to put the lid on my seam ripper and inadvertently poked my finger. To see the boys' reaction, I tried *super* hard to squeeze a speck of blood out of my owie, and then pretended to cry. Hunter thought this was hilarous....JP started screaming (similar to the spider incident) and began shouting, "Stop! You're going to bleed out!!" Then he collected himself, calmly put the cap on his seam ripper, placed it on the counter and very quietly said "I don't want to do that anymore. I don't want to get hurt" as he walked out of the kitchen. I'm horrible right? But I did go hug him and say sorry. At least now he knows to stay out of my sewing stuff....
The faces he makes are amazing. I gave him a few jelly beans to show me his scared faces. They needed to be captured. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!