Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Chicken Bacon Ranch Quesodillas

I've been all about making new foods lately. Thankfully Perry and the boys have been good sports about eating all the new dishes. Some have been good, some not so good, but at least we're experimenting! However, last night I stumbled upon pure yumminess! I'm not a huge ranch fan, but Perry, Hunter, and JP are, and they're huge bacon fans too - double bonus! This has definitely made it to our favorite list!

Here's where I found the original recipe, but I made a few changes of my own. Very rarely do I ever cook for just myself, so I altered the recipe to feed my family of 4.

Ingredients:
4 Tortillas
1 Chicken breast cut into thin strips
1 Package of bacon with strips cut in half
Shredded cheddar cheese
Ranch dressing
Mushrooms (optional)

Cook the chicken in a frying pan with a little bit of oil. While the chicken is cooking, you can also cook the bacon which ever way you choose. I cooked mine on the stove over low heat, and season it with Alpine Touch. When the bacon and chicken are done cooking, heat a frying pan (large enough to fit the whole tortilla in) over medium to low heat. Place tortilla in the heated pan and lay the shredded cheese over it evenly.
While it's melting lay strips of the chicken and 4 pieces of bacon on one half of the tortilla. If you are adding any extras to the quesodilla like mushrooms, now is the time to add them. Drizzle ranch over the top. Once the cheese is melted, flip the cheese only side onto the "loaded" side and cook until the bottom is brown, and then flip over and brown the other side. Repeat for the rest of the quesodillas.

*If you want to speed up the process, you can use pre-cooked bacon or bacon crumbles, and canned chicken. Left over chicken and bacon works too!*

I think I might add tomatoes to mine next time and dip it in buffalo wing sauce....yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!