Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Reserve Street Wreck

I feel a little guilty "sight-seeing" today. How could I not though? I have to little boys that LOVE to see fire trucks and police cars. On top of that they could see a crane too! And only about 3 blocks from our house.

This morning at about 5am, a car and a semi-truck had a head on collision on Reserve Street. Of course it wasn't just any semi-truck, it was one carrying propane. Lucky for us, one of our good friends called Perry, but  since he didn't answer (I wish I was a sound sleeper!) he immediately called me at about 6:15a. Because the truck was carrying propane, they had to be extra cautious about the situation and call in our local gas company to check for leaks. In the meantime, our friend Matt, called to let us know that they might be evacuating our little lane because of the incident. Called to give us a heads up since we have to little kids that we'd have to get ready.

Immediately I went into panic mood. I've never been in an evacuation before! Perry was calm as ever though...got out of bed and took a shower. As for me, I kinda just paced around the living room thinking about where we go if we had to leave, and what we'd bring.

I think if I could only bring one thing from my house (other than my kids) I would bring my Hitachi external hard drive. It has all the videos and pictures of the boys on it - I couldn't imagine parting with all those memories. I'm still upset about our video camera being stolen from Perry's car last July. That makes me sick to my stomach to think that someone out there has it, with all the videos of my kids on it. Granted I had uploaded most of them, but the last couple months hadn't been...Anyways. I would leave my purse behind because, knowing Perry, he'd have his wallet in his pocket, so we'd be okay money wise until I could get replacements.

Needless to say though, Perry walked down to the end of the block and chatted with a police officer that was blocking the road. It was then confirmed that we could stay. Thank goodness! I don't know how I did it, but I somehow managed to go back to bed for a little while...

The boys and I took a short little wagon ride to the end of the block so they could see all the fire trucks and police cars. Here's what we could see from the end of our street.
On the far right you can see the crane - this was used to help put the semi back on it's wheels.
This main street has been closed now for about 12 hours, backing up traffic through out the town! It took Perry  45 minutes to get to work, a mile and a half away!

Here's the picture of the semi truck from the news station:



Here's the link for the whole story: http://www.kpax.com/full-coverage/missoula-propane-tanker-accident/#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/9/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!