Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Sound of Silence...

It's a little after 6:00pm and I am one happy momma! Both my boys are sound asleep in their beds. JP was out as soon as he laid down (almost!) and Hunter and I fought a little bit, but was to be expected. Silly Aunt Kim didn't lay them down for naps today so now I have the night off : ) Nothing but relaxing now....I think I may open that bottle of wine on my fridge!

Christmas is nearly here already! 5 more days! The boys and I ran out to see Grandma today really quick. When backing out of the driveway, Hunter yelled "STOP THE CAR MOMMY! STOP IT NOW!" He's never said anything like this before, much less yelled it. So I stopped backing out and turned around and asked him what was wrong. In a calm, "I don't give a $%!#" voice, he responded "Jimmy forgot his blanket and he wants it." Did JP want his blanket? No. Did he know he didn't have his blanket? No. He was too busy playing with the wipe in his hand to care about anything else. Thanks for the alarm Hunter.

Anyways I digressed! Back to Christmas. On the way back from seeing Grandma, guess who pulls up and parks right next to us at a stop light? Could have been anyone in the world, and it had to be SANTA. Yup. Some old guy in his Santa suit was driving his other old posies around in a big white van, that according to Hunter, was full of presents, when clearly it was just full of old men. So now Santa is real. And he, also according to Hunter, was chasing us down the road and then went the wrong way. The actual story? He was in the other lane and then turned, because clearly he was not chasing us. Now poor Hunter thinks Santa got lost. Even more so because when we got home, our neighbor was putting his big red X on the roof of his house...so Santa could find where to land. As soon as I got him out of the car, Hunter asked me what he [Dan] was doing. I simply told him that he was putting an X on his roof so Santa knew where to land when he comes in a few days to give him presents. Confusing? For a 3-year old, yes. He just saw him driving a van, and now he's supposed to land it on the neighbors house? Hunter's response to all this? "No mom! I just saw him! He was chasing us with presents!" Needless to say, Dan looked at us a little stange...  Oh and I forgot the most important part. Santa waved to Hunter. Ugh. Thank you old man in your van! Now all Hunter wants to do is go find Santa at Wal-Mart... Not that he's seen him there or anything but because that where he lives....or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!