Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tractor Cake


Okay, so technically this is the 1st cake I frosted....but I didn't have any of the cool cake decorating stuff : )

November 21, 2009



This was Hunter's 1st birthday cake. He was always fascinated by tractors so this was a no brainer for me. A tractor cake sounded easier on paper. As for the creation of it... not so much. This cake proved itself to be very frustrating. For whatever reason, I completely forgot about chocolate frosting and instead started mixing a bunch of colors together. This was also before I knew about the tons of different colors you could buy in the cake isle.

I didn't really have a plan when I made this, I just sort of winged it. I baked 2 cakes in loaf pans. One is the body, one I cut in half for the cab. I made the small tires out of mini pie pans, the individual servings kind. The larger tires are frosted Rice Krispy Treats. I connected the trailer to the cab with pretzels and added a Rice Krispy Treat for the hay. I wrap a couple small items in foil to place under the tractor and trailer so they would sit up higher.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the windows?

Sadie D said...

The windows were white frosting...but on my bulldozer cake for his birthday the following year, I used a white chocolate bar.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!