Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Yarn Wreath


Super excited about this! I found the idea on pinterest.com but changed it around a little bit. And let me just say, I bought a glue gun for this project and I have barely put it down. I can't believe I've gone so long without my gun!

Here's the cost breakdown:
$4.00 for the hay wreath
$3.99 for yarn (free for me though! Leftovers from a previous project!)
$.29 for each piece of felt
$1.00 for berries

Here's how to:
1. Loop your yarn around the wreath (keep the plastic on it! Less mess this way!) and tie it in a knot. Then start wrapping the yarn around the wreath. It doesn't have to be perfect! You can cover up any missed spots with flowers and such. You can also adjust the yarn when your done. This part is really time consuming but you'll eventually get into a groove. I, on the other hand, had two little boys, who will remain nameless, who found it to be lots of fun to jump in and out of "the tunnel". I made it work. 
2. I hot glued the end of yarn to the wreath once I was done. (You could also do this at the beginning if you want.)
3. Add your own touches with a hot glue gun. I made felt flowers and added some berries.
Going into this, I was planning to just make a nice looking, year-round wreath, but I was pressed for time at the store and could only find red and white felt. So a Christmas wreath it was. I'm currently in the process of knitting something to hang it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!