Friday, December 30, 2011

DIY Hairbands

I'm a mom of boys...and for anyone who knows me, I've always wanted a little girl. With that said, sometimes my boys, mainly Hunter, thinks he a little girl. He LOVES wearing my "pretties" which include my necklaces, bracelets and hair accessories, like hairbands. Heck, today at the store, I went to buy some chicken noodle soup with the fun shapes in it. I asked Hunter if he wanted the ones with Cars on it. "No mom, I want the Barbie one!" We ended up getting SpongeBob for JP, and the Princess one for Hunter...ugh. Anyways.



Here's what I did during nap time today. I bought a few hairbands at the store today ( 5 pack for $2.97) and then created a few felt flowers. Free style cut some leaves and glued it all together. Took me about 30 minutes total.

Clearly theses wouldn't go well with my boys' outfits so I'm sending them to Britta, who has two girls about the same ages as my boys. Some day I might be able to keep them for a little girl of my own. Until then....

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Erika said...

My 5 year old son also likes girl things on occasion. He gets very jealous when I paint my daughter's nails or do her hair! But he's starting to say "that's for girls not boys and so I don't like it" at least once in awhile now! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!