Sunday, December 25, 2011

Wine Bottles

This year my sisters and I agreed not to get each other presents, which is rather untypical of us. Sometimes its a free for all, other times we draw names and get a gift for one person. And then sometimes we'll draw names and a get a gift for that person, and everyone else still. Regardless, we settled on no gifting this year.

And then I found this really cute idea and could not say no! I was going to get them each a nice bottle of wine but...Nanny has how many cases left from my wedding? Kile is probably a wine connoisseur by now. Not sure if Kim and Robin are wine drinkers so I went the easy route and a purchased three Arbor Mists (all of different flavors of course!) and my mom my favorite wine - Barefoot's Pinot Grisio. Love this stuff and it goes great with pizza! Here's how they turned out!


Easiest thing to do! Get a pair of knee high sock and stick a bottle of wine in one. I tied the end in a knot and left the open end in the knot. With the other sock, I tied in into a make-shift bow. I found some inexpensive scrap booking paper and cut out name tags. I used a hemp like material to tie the tags to the bottle, but ribbon or yarn could easily be substituted. And then Ta-Da! You have a pretty little gift good for, in my case, Christmas. Also a nice hostess gift too! Why just bring a bottle of wine next time?



 Here's your cost break down:
Socks: $2.50 each at Target (Lot of fun ones there!)
            or $4.97 for a 3 pack at Wal-Mart
Wine: $3.57 for Arbor Mist (variable at your discretion)
Total: $6.07
Not bad at all!

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!