Thursday, October 10, 2013

Backyard Camping in October

We went camping the other night. Sort of. Except we slept in the house. 
 We've been promising the boys all summer that we would have a campfire, but with all the fires going on, there were restrictions in place that we didn't dare break. So the other night, we made it happen. 
 They were so excited to roast hot dogs over the fire! 
 And they cleaned up there plates just in time to have S'mores!
 Love this kid!
 These boys were super excited to roast marshmallows.
 And even more excited to eat them! I almost teared up when after dinner Hunter, without prompting, volunteered to start taking stuff inside to get ready to make S'mores, and then JP jumped up to help too! They sure know how to melt my heart!
Charli and I warmed up by the fire for a bit, but for the most part, the "camping" was done by Perry and the boys. Poor little Charli and momma are recovering from a bout of thrush, and weren't completely feeling up to being outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!