Monday, October 21, 2013

Steak and Potato Soup

It's time for Soupy Sundays! My mom gave us a bunch of potatoes the other week and they needed to be eaten, and fast! I made a batch and froze the half we didn't eat for a few weeks down the road when I'm not feeling up to making soup. I love freezer meals...if only I had space for more!
Steak and Potato Soup

2 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
1 tbs oil
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped onions (3 medium)
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 lb. small potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 6 cups)
3 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
1 (1-lb.) pkg. green beans
2 tbs chopped fresh basil or 2 tsp dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp pepper
6 (14-oz.) cans beef broth
3 tbs bbq sauce

Directions

1. Cut beef steak into 1/4-inch-thick strips; cut each strip into 1-inch pieces.
2. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes.
3. Add all remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Mmm Mmm Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!