Thursday, October 24, 2013

My Little Pumpkin

Since attempt #1 didn't work out quite like I had wanted, made Charlotte sit in her pumpkin again. Actually twice, yesterday and today. 
Yesterday was super nice out so I didn't feel guilty about having a naked baby outside. I was going to do her little "shoot" in the back yard, but it was dark and shadowy and overall just not very pretty. But my front yard was nice and bright and full of fall colors. 

And a neighbor who I'm pretty sure thinks I'm looney. He watched me set the whole thing up and I saw him chuckle when I proceeded to get Charli into her pumpkin, then leave her there while going to get two unnamed boys to stop showing him the "monkey bar" tree. I know he didn't really have to clean his car out, he just wanted to watch this whole thing go down. So now that these "boys" are not hanging from a tree, they are running around the yard and hanging out by my pumpkin "set" casting shadows galore. Meanwhile Charli was more entertain by them than the crazy lady snapping her fingers and making funny noises behind the camera. All while trying to not loose her cool and snap in front of the neighbor. So photo above is how a lot turned out. Charlotte not looking. 
Or she was grouchy. 
This was about the best one I got from our 1st shoot at home. Kind of cute, but not quite what I wanted. And by that point I was over it anyways.
Before calling it quits, the boys came over, and JP attempted to get in his pumpkin to. I thought Hunter's was going to collapse when he sat on his...
I called it quits after this one. Cleaned up our pumpkins and threw the towel in for the day. 

Today's shoot with Charlotte went a lot better. First there was no neighbor watching me and even more importantly, there were no boys running a muck around her. (I sent them to play with the kids next door.)
I think I captured what I needed. And in half the time! 
I'm so glad I have a little girl I can make headbands for! :)
Since I didn't get around to carving a pumpkin for Charli (other than leg holes), Hunter and I made her some non-carved pumpkins. (Hunter's is on the left!)
Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!