Friday, June 22, 2012

Learning Patience

Over the last several months, whenever the boys threw a fit about something, I have been quick to remind them to be patient. Whether they are hungry and have a melt down because lunch isn't ready NOW, I've been telling them to be patient. For the most part, they are pretty good at calming themselves down because they know they're not going to get what they want when they are having a temper tantrum. 

We finally gave in and unpacked the air conditioner for the house. Before we turned it on, I had both of the boys sit down in their circles on the rug so we could discuss the rules for it. I explained that no touching was allowed and went over the consequences of doing so. They both sat quietly listening right up until the end when Hunter jumped up and ran off. I calmly said "Hunter you need to come sit back down. We're not done talking yet." Without missing a beat, he chirped back, "Just be patient Mom! I'll be right back!" I'm pretty sure my mouth dropped, which is when I just started giggling to myself. He grabbed his stuffed animal and sat back down. "I told you I'd be right back. You just have to be patient!" 

I'm so glad he's understanding patience! Bless his little heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!