Sunday, June 3, 2012

Memorial Weekend Wedding

I am SO happy for my sister Kile and her husband Chris who just tied the knot last weekend on May 26, 2012. They are so perfect for each other! The entire day was simply perfect, despite the wind and rain!
Unfortunately for me, I didn't get very many pictures of the wedding because I was in it. Perry managed to get a couple when he wasn't video taping. 
*Most of these pictures are from Dax Photography *[Check out his site - some of my wedding pictures are on it too!]
They were married in a beautiful Catholic church! They had a wonderful service in which my other sisters, Kim and Robin sang a duet, Chris' two brothers read the 1st and 2nd readings, and I read the intentions. Hunter followed me up to the podium - I promptly had to return him to the front row as I was pretty sure he was going to unplug the microphone and I wasn't about to yell!
They had 5 bridesmaids...
...and 5 groomsmen in their wedding. Isn't this one of the coolest pictures you've seen of the guys?! They're in a tunnel - who'da thought?!
And of course I don't have to say it, but I'm going to, my sister was so beautiful on her wedding day! She just beamed with happiness! 
After the wedding, everyone joined them for a fun-filled reception at a hotel nearby.
There was so much dancing! And so many people dancing too! It was great! I was so happy to see so many people that I hadn't seen in years! Family, cousins, friends... I wish the night was longer so I could have spoke with all of them!
Of course there was a family picture! My mom was sure to get one this go 'round as it got missed by accident at my wedding in September. Oops! Did I mention it was freezing out? Maybe I'm just too critical of myself, but I think I'm the only one that looks cold!
And what were my boys doing during this wedding?
Well, JP and Hunter were the ring bearers, but only JP made it to the front by himself. Hunter was supposed to walk with him, but had a meltdown once I headed to the front. He chased after me when I was halfway down the isle and latched onto my leg. Hunter carried a sign that read "Uncle Chris, Here comes your Bride!" Unfortunately, not many were able to read it because of his little melt down. It was still cute though!
Although I missed most of the boys' activities, I did catch some of it. This is little JP under a table picking up his spilled cereal. I find it cutely funny that this table was in the "bar" area. He and Hunter enjoyed rolling golf balls around the floor too!
 
By the end of the night, these little guys were TIRED! They slept in until 10am the next morning. They'd have slept later but Perry woke them up so they could go to the farewell breakfast.
They were lucky enough to get kisses from the bride at bedtime too! So sweet!
I can't wait to hear about their honeymoon! 

1 comment:

lkph said...

Great account of a very lovely wedding. You girls are such gorgeous brides. I am so happy that I was able to share this day with everyone. I can't believe how much Kile looks like your Mom when she has her hair up...wow!

Keep writing this blog. I love it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!