Monday, June 25, 2012

Hunter's Sliver

I hate getting slivers. Who doesn't? Hunter has gotten his fair share of slivers already, but none quite compared to this one. He hit the mother-load! I don't think he realized that he even had one on his heel...

He and JP were playing on the trike on the deck. JP pushed Hunter around for a while (not that Hunter can't pedal himself, but because JP actually likes it!) After a short while, I told the boys it was time to trade places so JP could ride on it. Hunter hopped right off and walked *normally* over to me and asked if I could get his sliver out. He was taking about the one on the balls of his foot that Perry thought he got out yesterday. 

When I picked up his foot, I was completely shocked! He not only had one on balls of his foot, but he had 2 in his heel totaling about an inch and a half long! And then one more stick straight out! How many times this past week did I tell them they needed to have their shoes on? Too many....

I brought him inside and set him down on the bathroom counter and pulled out my manicure sliver-remover set and began to work. 
Pretty sure this is what made Hunter start crying. He knew it must have been serious if mommy had to get "the kit" out.  
Here's what we were looking at getting out :
Perry and I worked and worked at it for quite some time. I eventually had to give Hunter a Popsicle to take his mind off of it, and to make him stop wiggling! That thing was in there deep! After enough finagling, Perry got it out....because I fainted.

Yep. Haven't passed out for at least 10 years. And then I hit the floor. Luckily it wasn't a big fall (like when I passed out while climbing out of the grain truck...) because I was already kneeling. I'm pretty much an expert when it comes to passing out, so I knew it was coming... I started getting really sick to my stomach, then my face turned white. At that point I told Perry I was going to pass out, and he just shook it off. I however couldn't stop what I was doing to lay down and avoid the whole thing because at that point we were both digging at the sliver. Gotta save the kid!

So daddy became the hero while mommy was seeing stars...Now I'm just taking it easy on the couch. Eating saltines with my feet in the air...Ugh. What a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!