Monday, June 11, 2012

Showing My Age

Am I showing my age? I don't know, its hard to say. When I was in high school, I looked like I should be in elementary school, and in college I looked like I should be in high school. And then I had kids...

It funny how that ages you, a lot. I hardly ever tell anyone my age because I find it to be quite fun listening to people guess. Those who don't know me guess in the 20-22 range. Its odd how when you tack on that you're married, your age increases. I know quite a few people who were married at a "young" age. Love is love. But boy am I aged when they know I have not only one, but two kids! Now I'm guesstimated between 27-32. I find it really surprising!

Often times when I'm asked how old I am, I generally always have to stop and think about it. I'm so used to hearing what age people think I am, that I forget how old I actually am! But do I feel like I'm in my mid-20's? Not at all. My mind has me stuck in my early 20's. Because that's when I had kids? Maybe so. Its strange to say, but I think that holds me back from a lot of things because I don't feel like I'm old enough. We've got a great MOPS (Mothers Of PreSchoolers) group here, but I feel so out of place, solely because of my age. Most moms are in there upper 20's and 30's. I feel so young, kind of inexperienced. Because of this I find it hard to make mom friends. Really frustrating! 

In the reality of it though, I'm glad I'm a young mom. I am *so* excited to have both of my boys out of the house by the time I'm 40...not that I want them to be gone already though! Being as young as I am, I have the energy to chase them around and Perry will be that young hot dad on the field coaching and I won't have to worry about him breaking a hip! And then once we're "done'" (are we ever really done?!) with their teenage years and such, it'll just be Perry and I at home. Most likely I'll be that parent that cries when they leave and will want them to come visit all the time...but still! Can you say hello free time?

3 comments:

Shanan, The Book Addict said...

I did not get married that young, so I was a little older than you when I had my daughter and I can see it both ways. I think parenthood is like a lot of things--there is not an answer that fits for everyone. I think you made a good point when you said love is love--when it comes is the right time for each of us. :)

Shanan
yogi-mommy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great blog from a new follower :) Looking forward to continue reading your blogs.
Have a great rest of the week.
Lisa

Unknown said...

no you wont be alone because i will be sending my kids to visit aunt sadie.. plus there is still another little girl that will come along :D

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!