Friday, June 22, 2012

Thursday Thrills

I seem to never get anything done around the house on my days off of work - mostly because I try to keep the boys out of the house so Perry can sleep. Oh the joys of having opposite schedules...

Hunter *for the most part* is doing awesome with potty training. The last few nights though, he's been wetting the bed, which he only does every so often, not nights and nights in a row. So Hunter and I made a deal : If you can stay dry at night for 3 nights in a row, we'll have ice cream for breakfast. We had breakfast today followed by a breakfast dessert for Hunter! Mommy was very proud! And then shortly after while I was getting ready for the day in the bathroom, he came sprinting in, threw the potty seat onto to the toilet, and pulled his pants down just in time to make it for #2. I promptly left gagging...never has this kid made me gag before. Never before had I been so disgusted, so proud, and oh-so thankful at the same time!
 I've promised the boys we'd go on a bike ride multiple times...but then I'd remember the tires needed air. Before lunch yesterday, we made the exhausting bike trip to the gas station (which was uphill) about 4 blocks away, with fairly flat tires. That sucked. The way home was easy though! Today we finally went on a bike ride to the park. They are getting so heavy...
 You get JP in a swing and he refuses to get out..."Push me higher! Gimme another dog!" He and Hunter sure do love getting under dogs!
 Normally he doesn't, but this time, Hunter went down the slide and shot off the end onto his bottom. I love when that happens! The look on their faces are priceless! 
They also enjoy riding in the rocket together...sometimes Hunter goes a little overboard on the rocking part...to the point that JP can't keep up and his little head is smacking the bar...
 Because I'm around them so often (clearly, cuz I'm mom!) I don't realize they're growing up until I look at past pictures of them...weren't they cute?!
 But as always...JP is left picking his nose.
 Once we made it home, we had an Otter Pop and then had Mac & Cheese for lunch. I made Butterscotch pudding for dessert once they finished lunch. I have never seen them eat so fast! With all the early morning playing, nap-time was clearly needed. I laid in bed with Hunter for a while and then went upstairs once he was asleep and gave JP a stern talking to about staying in his bed and taking a nap before I left. Didn't hear any noise for a while, so I also laid down for what I thought would be a little nap...I woke up at 4 in a panic thinking my boys were up tearing the house apart without me...Turns out Hunter was still sleeping. JP however was missing from his bed...I looked and looked and looked all over the house...and then started panicking. I roamed the house again yelling for him, when I finally found him passed out on under a blanket on the couch in the basement...naked. I promptly brought him upstairs to use the potty since he was still dry. I checked on him a minute later...
 ...and he was passed out on the floor. Both Hunter and I tried to wake him up for 20 minutes. He'd just turn his head over and go right back to sleep. I even had Hunter bring me an ice cube to put on his back to wake him up...He just pouted and made himself comfortable again. He finally got up when I left saying, "I guess only Hunter and mommy are going to have Popsicles"...then he came running...naked.

After a late Father's Day dinner with Perry's mom, we spent the rest of the evening playing in the backyard.
 JP finally agreed to swing on the big kid swing. He did great!
 I went inside for 1 minute to grab a couple things and return to some half naked boys chasing our little dog, Roxy, in yard. And then only a short while later, they were fully naked... JP sees Hunter do something and instantly copies him. The nakedness was short lived as I knew the neighbors' 4 year old little girl was out playing, and though our yard is just about completely surrounded with trees and scrubs and such, it'd be our luck for her to walk by...
 I can't believe this kid is already 3 1/2! 
And I really think JP got my golf skills....which is none. Hunter however just may turn out to be the next Tiger Woods! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!