Friday, June 8, 2012

Remodel of the Deck: Update 2

We now have most of the lumber needed to actually work on the deck. It took us a few days to get it because we don't own a truck with a trailer or a combination of the two. Luckily we have some awesome neighbors who helped Perry out. I helped out by taking the boys out of town for the day!
 Needless to say, our garage is full and Perry says he still needs some more, but this is the most of it....I can't wait for the bill...
 We've had a few set backs in the last week or so.
#1. Perry got a nasty ear infection. He had a bump behind his ear that kept getting bigger and bigger last week. Of course I told him he needed to go get it checked out, but typical Perry, who hates the doctor and any sort of medicine, refused - that is until he came home at 1:30a on his break with a swollen jaw which prevented him from eating. Only at that point did he go to the doctor...Turns out it was just a really bad ear infection. He was told to stay in bed until Friday and try to do as little as possible. That lasted all of 2 days.
#2. Pretty sure it only lasted 2 days because it was raining for both of them. We've had lots of rainy days lately. Sort of odd for this time of year!
Now our deck is roof-less and for most of the morning, I've had to listen to the squealing sound of him cutting into roof. Like nails on a chalkboard... He has all day today and tomorrow to work on it then he's back to work for 4 days. And I'm left with this mess of a yard!

See Update 3 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!