Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Husband is a Sleep Talker

I've been known to sleep talk here and there but nothing comes close to my darling husband! Sometimes it's nothing but gibberish, but more times than not, I'm cracking up at 2am because of the things he says. I seem to wake up every time he starts talking so I rarely miss anything.

I never used to be such a light sleeper. Then I had kids and now I hear everything! It's kind of annoying actually! I can hear little footsteps sneaking up the stairs when my door is closed. Granted that's one of my favorite sounds, but still... I also get the pleasure of sleeping next to a snorer. Also annoying. But his sleep talking makes up for it.

The other night I woke up, sweating profusely, at 1:30a to find myself sandwiched between Perry and Hunter. The past week or so I've routinely woke up with a kid in my bed. He climbs in without me knowing, which is odd. Maybe he is just becoming sneakier? Either way I was on a mission to get this kid back to his own bed so I could sprawl out. When I rolled over do so (as much as you can when you're sandwiched) my hair must have tickled Perry's neck or shoulder. He immediately sat up in bed and started yelling "get it off of me!" and then a few more variations of it, all while flailing his arms around like a mad man. This went on for about a minute. Of course because I think it's hilarious, I often times attempt to talk to him to see if he'll say something back. Nothing new time though... When he was done with his little skit, he just laid back down and went to sleep like nothing happened. I told him in the morning what happen and he just giggled to himself. : )

There was also a night about 3 years back when I was pregnant with JP that I really enjoy telling. It was late-summer and our house was HOT. We don't feel having air conditioning is completely worth it, though I thought so when I was pregnant! Each night we'd open the windows and in the mornings before it got too hot out, we'd close the windows and draw the blinds closed. For the most part it worked. But it's a different story when you're having hot flashes and such! I woke up one night, again, sweating profusely. I sat up to take the covers off and Perry, who I didn't realize at the time, was dead asleep. He somehow managed to put the covers back on me as soon as I laid down. We went back and forth doing this a few times before I got so irritated and finally said "Stop putting the covers on me! I'm hot!" Without missing a beat he responded with a smirk "I know...!" I was so mad but could help but smile...seriously. He just hit on me when he was dead asleep...that takes some serious skills!

I don't how he does it, but he never remembers any of his dreams. This is mind boggling to me as I seem to remember every one. At least for a while after I wake up. Needless to say when I tell him these stories, he often responds with "No I didn't." Uhh, yeah you did, I was there. Oddly enough, there has been a couple of nights when he'll start shouting "No! No! No! Nooo Hunter!" These ones confuse me because I always figure Hunter is roaming around doing something, when he's actually sleeping soundly in his bed. I wish I could see what he was dreaming about when he starts jabbering away....

I'm anxious to see if my boys will sleep talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!