Friday, July 6, 2012

Baseball Game with My Sister

One more thing to mark off on my Summer To Do List - A baseball game! Perry had to work, so I brought my sister Kim along with me. 
We had seats a few rows up and a little to the right of the home plate. For the most part, great seats! (I had a nice pillar directly in front of me)
It started out a little windy, which made it a bit chilly. I'm glad I brought my coat!
 One of the first highlights to the game, was Ollie the Osprey. I hate mascots! I like to watch them from a distance, but am terrified of the up close. And I'm pretty sure they can all sense this! On his way up the stands, Ollie stopped right by me (I was 3 seats from the isle) and "pretend" picked his nose, and then wiped the boogers on me.  

Because we came with a group of people (a work party), my sister and I were selected to be part of the 4th inning show. Kim chickened out so my co-worker, Alicia joined me. We were going to have a balloon popping competition against another co-worker, Bri, and her friend Beau. 
 Here's what we had to do: Run to the other end (maybe 30ft away?) and grab a balloon, run back and pop it in between our chests. Our popped instantly and I'm pretty sure I almost screamed. Was not expecting it to be that easy! Next balloon we had to pop between our backs. I reached around to try to press Alicia up against my back, and I vaguely recall grabbing her boob...oops! Sorry!
 Next balloon had to be popped by sitting on it. [Bri and Beau are still trying to pop the last balloon.] In case your wondering who the super hero is, that's Captain Clean-Up! 
On the last balloon, Alicia had to lay down and I had to lay down on top of her to pop it. As you can see...our competition had a major height disadvantage. 
 We walked away with our prize of size L Osprey t-shirts. It's turned out to be a nice pajama shirt!
For the most part, this is my gang. The stands were packed this game! We actually set the attendance record at 4,316 people for this game! I'm not sure what it normally is, but I'm glad I was part of the new record!
While they were getting ready for the fireworks, they put up pictures on the scoreboard of people at the game. In the 1st or 2nd inning they announced if you wanted to be on the screen to email your picture to Ollie. Kim was busy texting so she didn't hear me when I told her I was sending our picture in... : )

At the end of the show, they had a great fireworks show!
 This is one of my favorite pictures of the fireworks!
 But these were Kim and I's favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!