Friday, July 27, 2012

Feeding the Ducks at Gibson Park

Hunter and JP have been wanting to go feed the ducks for what feels like forever. And since we don't *technically* have a duck pond here, its kind of out of the question, unless we go to visit Nanny and Papa because there is one half way between here and there. Thank goodness. Gibson Park is almost a "have to stop at place" when we're coming or going!
 So of course we HAD to stop. I met up with an old friend, who has two girls, just about the same ages as my boys. She brought the bread and JP had lots of fun throwing it!
 He made me a little nervous at times though!
 Hunter on the other hand, surprisingly wanted nothing to do with it. He was the one that had been insisting for months that we go feed the ducks. Of course when we get there he doesn't want to. It figures. 
 Little Rylee is so cute! She looks like her mom!
 For the most part, JP was pretty good about tearing the bread apart before he threw it, but I'm pretty sure he just threw these two slices right in. I think he liked to watch the geese fight over it!
 My guess is that Hunter was more interested in the play park than anything. He kept to himself for most of the time though. Before we started playing, I asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom. Of course he said no, he want to go play. Clearly mommy wasn't thinking. So as I'm pushing JP in the swing, I've got my eye on Hunter. But before I knew it, I look over and see him with his short at his thighs, whizzing away on the playground with a few kids going "EWWW!!" And all I could think was "Oh my gosh, that's MY kid!" I think I was more embarrassed than he was...clearly a mommy error. 
 But like I said, he kept to himself. He ran off later to the stage area.
 Eventually JP followed. 
And then followed by the girls. Do you know how to get 4 toddlers/pre-schoolers to  look at the camera at the same time? Say "look at mommy!" Worked like a charm!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a good time! Brittas kids are getting big too

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!