Sunday, July 22, 2012

Nanny and Papa's House

It's time again for our yearly trip to the farm during harvest. Hunter and JP had been excited all week when I told them we were going to visit Nanny and Papa! On our last visit, JP wanted nothing to do with riding on the tractor, so I wasn't sure how the combine was going to go over with him.
Of course, Hunter hopped right on the combine.
Initially all JP wanted to do was ride the tractor. Instead he decided to check out the semi-truck. He thought that was pretty cool!
We hung out at the ranch for a little bit. JP wasn't a huge fan of the wheat field.
The four of us took a nice little walk to the old farm house, where Uncle Burk raised his family in the 60's. 
There's not much left of it...
We probably shouldn't have even been in it, but we were looking for a dust pan. I've always been terrified of the place! Especially now that the kitchen roof has caved in.
JP was my picture kid for the day. Hunter was always off doing something else. 
JP followed my dad and I into the field and then proceeded to get "stuck" behind a small row of wheat. I gladly took the opportunity to capture him in the field!

After a busy morning at the ranch, we headed into town for lunch at the Hi-Way Bar. I always enjoy eating there!

As soon as we arrived home the boys headed out the "jumpoline" to burn off their energy.
As soon as I took this picture, JP ran/jumped to the edge of the trampoline and face planted on the springs...
...as you can see the spring printed on his nose. 
I hopped on the trampoline with him and he was fine. 
Then Aunt Bobby and Uncle Matt showed up...with squirt guns!
The boys had so much fun during the water fight!
JP was mostly used as a shield, so I'm pretty sure he lost. He was drenched by the end of it. He surprisingly didn't cry when he'd get sprayed! Hunter was mostly excited that I let him wear his new SpongeBob swimming shorts. He left the fight early when he fell on the sidewalk and skinned up his knees and elbow. And apparently his pinkie finger too. He was very concerned about his pinkie instead of his bleeding knee. That's Hunter for you.
JP was such a trooper! What a cutie pie!

2 comments:

Chaton T. Turner said...

Great shots! I especially enjoyed them because we live in the city and don't get to visit the country much. Thanks for stopping by Chaton's World today. Keep enjoying your summer!!!

Unknown said...

Glad I could spend such a fun weekend with you and the boys - you better be making more blogs for all the other stuff

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!