Saturday, July 14, 2012

Monkey-Shiner Babblings


Some of the things Hunter and JP say are too funny not to share : )

Last week we had Sloppy Joes for dinner. At our house, we call them Sloppy Jims, because let's be honest, that's really what they are. After clearing his plate, Perry went in for seconds. JP cocked his head to the side and squinted his eyes a bit and asked "Are you having a Sloppy Daddy?" Haha...yes, I am!


The next day we ate outside on the deck. It looked like it might rain off in the distance. Hunter kept getting distracted at dinner with little things. At one point, I went "HUH! Hunter! Did you hear that?! I think it was thunder!" He got super excited because he loves hearing thunder. And that was that and he went on eating. About ten minutes later he belches at the table. I looked over at him and said sternly, "Hunter, what was that?!" Nonchalantly without missing a beat he responded, "Thunder. It was just thunder mom." 


I didn't realize it until recently, but I call Hunter and JP "the boys" a lot. A lot a lot. To the point that Hunter has now began to refer to himself as "the boys." Let me demonstrate:
H: Mom the boys are thirsty!
M: Who are the boys?
H: Hunter is. Jim is the kid.
M: Oh. Got it. So the boys are thirsty, but the kids aren't?
H: Yeah. Jim's not thirsty. Just Hunter is. 
M: Wow Hunter, you just managed to make that really confusing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!