Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Harvest Time!

As soon as we got home from the fair, the boys were off again to ride on the combine. My dad starting cutting [wheat] on Saturday, so we really lucked out! I managed to capture quite a few photos while waiting for the boys to come back. 

 Aunt Bobby took Uncle Matt, Hunter, and JP for a spin in the combine.
 In the meantime, I snapped a few shots of the farm...
 ...and the wheat. 
 I just love this one of my parents!
 Harvest at sundown is one of the prettiest things!

 Robin and Matt goofing around....
One of my favorites! Hunter is taking a final spin with Papa Craig. The combine was apparently his favorite ride at the fair! Hahaha
 Another photo of the farm : )
 Tractor tires and combine tires seem to be a great time ruler for the boys. Hunter used to be able to stand in the tire....not so much any more!
After we all came back in [and were looking at pictures on the computer], the boys decided to attempt to get in the dryer...they stood in the corner for quite some time! Hunter got the corner I used to have to stand in.

1 comment:

lkph said...

Thanks for the memories. Harvest is my favorite time of the year. When I was a child, my Dad, your Grandpa and Uncle Wayne always helped each other. That meant that my Mom and your Grandma Carol went back and forth between the two houses cooking and baking for the crews. The ten kids spent a lot of time together...got into a lot of trouble...but what memories.

I still get a big lump in my throat every time I see a combine walking down the field.

I spent a lot of time in the harvest field...driving truck...pumping fuel...driving combine.

There just isn't anything like harvest. As your Dad said once, "even the food tastes better at harvest time."

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!