Monday, July 2, 2012

An Evening of Croquet

I've only played croquet a few times, but I've found it to be one of my favorite outside games. 
The first time I played was a few years back at the cabin with Perry, his parents, and Aunt Pat and Uncle Ted. Hunter was 8 months old at the time and just hung out on my back...if only he could still do that!

But anyways, the other night after Perry and I returned home from dinner, I suggested we play a quick game of croquet in the backyard since it was SO nice out. We invited out neighbors, Darrel and Judy over, but they weren't able to make it, so Perry and I played together. I lost game 1, but won the next 2....by a lot, if I may add!

Just as we were putting the game away, Darrel and Judy came over to play. By that time it was getting late so Perry put out the flood light and we played on! It added a lot of difficulty to the game! Lots of shadows! 
 Darrel played rogue and was basically a huge obstacle the entire game. Instead of trying to get his ball through the wickets, he went after the leader. (We weren't playing by all the rules.)
There were quite a few breaks in the game where we [aka Perry and Darrel] had to search in the trees for the balls they sent away. Judy and I sat back and drank our wine while giggling to ourselves.
Such a fun night with our wonderful neighbors! We're so fortunate to have them!

1 comment:

Brooke Arellano said...

That looks SO fun! Stopping by from the blog hop! Am now a new follower:) Would love if you could follow me back!

http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

https://twitter.com/LoveMyMamaDrama

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!