Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fort of Blankets

Yesterday I was vacuuming the living room around 9am before Perry came home from work. I told Hunter he could play in the backyard for a little bit and I'd be out shortly. Soon after he went out, I glanced out the front window, for no particular reason, and spotted Hunter on his battery operated car "whizzing" down the street (going all of 1mph).  I wish I'd have grabbed my camera, because by the way he was sitting on it, I'm pretty sure he thought he was going 100mph. It did just get done recharging not too long ago.... Boy did I ever scare the pants off of him when I stormed up behind him and asked him what he was doing! Kudos to him for being able to open the gate that I struggle with...

Aside from it being simply too hot out, this is why we mostly decided to spend the day indoors...

On my Summer To-Do List is build a fort to sleep in. Yesterday was the perfect day to do so! I needed a little break from the "toddler on a bike" chasing, because that wasn't the only time it happened... Here's what we came up with...
 I spun the couch around to help hang the blankets, and used my sewing machine as a weight, as well as the box Grand-dad Henry E made. Oh yeah, thanks again for the quilts mom! They were the biggest blankets we had and worked wonders! The boys are forever greatful! : )
 And let me say this. For how excited Hunter and JP were that we were building a fort, my oh my were they ever patient with me...I'm not kidding you. It took me twenty minutes to set up one table...the other was a card table and was super simple...the other one, not so much. I almost gave up.
Both boys slept in the fort last night and did fairly well going to sleep without too much mom-intervention. Tonight though, JP sleep alone in it. Hunter couldn't calm down so he ended up in his room. Was I surprised? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!