Tuesday, January 10, 2012

90's Toys



#10. Favorite Retro Toy


I can not say how much I love Alphie. He's a little robot with cards that asks questions about what's on the cards. I remember having one when I was young.I loved pushing all his buttons! I was VERY surprised last year when I went shopping and found the new version in the store. I nearly screamed! I immediately took a picture of it and sent it to my sisters, who had no clue who he was. The box says for ages 3 & up. Judging by how Hunter treats most of his toys, I think I might wait til next Christmas to get him one....


But, I can't forget about POLLY POCKETS! I bought my first one when I was....6? My Grandma Doris bought me a painting thing where you blow into a tube and it sprays the paint so you can make cool designs. Something what wrong with it, so I had to take it back. I bought my 1st Polly Pocket with the money. The one above actually. It was like playing Cinderella. Horse and carriage and the castle, the prince and princess... I loved it. And this was the first of...20? And if I recall correctly, it was the only one that needed batteries. The gazebo glows and the stars behind the castle did as well. 

I had about 4 that were homes of fairies, lots of cottages and miscellaneous houses. I had a tropical hotel and an large apartment... My best friend would come over and we would lay out all 50 some Polly Pocket people and pick out our people and then chose our homes. By the time the process was over, it was time to clean up. My little sister also took part in my obsession with Polly Pockets, but not to the extent that Kelsey & I were obsessed! 



And then there were my trolls....big ones, medium ones, baby ones....didn't matter as long as I had them! Kelsey and I would spend hours washing their hair in the sink. I can only imagine how much soap we used. No wonder my mom got rid of them! Along with the trolls, I had the Trollies Radio Show on cassette. I swear my little sister and I are the ONLY ones who have heard of this! I used to listen to that cassette over and over and over again! To this day, every time I hear Kokomo, I hear the trolls singing it, not the Beach Boys. 
Here's what I mean:



I am I really the only one who remembers them? I am a 90's kid after all....

3 comments:

Jen said...

ahhhhhh - trolls!!! LOL - i used to love them...spinning them so their hair stuck out. great memories. great post.

Unknown said...

OMGosh!! I remember the trolls, I had a ton of them. Sigh were are they now? Alphie was fun, I didn't have one, but my friend did.

http://scatteredmusings.net/2012/01/retro-toys/
Here's mine if you are interested

Bella Stevens said...

Ahh I love those! Alphie is the greatest and my daughter loves old school polly pockets! My husband remembered having Mad Max which was the boy version. We were at a thrift store not to long ago and they had this Disney princess Castle (we believe and almost 110% sure its Belle) and its as small as the retro Polly's. I used to collect trolls because my grandfather was Norwegian and we believe Trolls are good luck :) so I got the kid version with the jewel in their tummy and crazy hair. Have a good day. Visiting from Bloggy Mommy, scatteredmusings.net and my own blog The Misadventures of Bella's Second Life @ Armyknightslady.blogspot.com -- Bella!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!