Monday, January 30, 2012

Old Clothes Pins Turned New


I've been brainstorming ways to redo my laundry room. Right now its a cluttered, boring green and purple room. So to begin my "little" project, I have been thinking about adding a "Missing Sock" board. I haven't decided how it's going to look yet, but I began with the clothes pins. 



I bought some Mod Podge the other day while I was at the store. On a few of the blogs I follow, they continually refer to it, so I bought it to try it out. It's basically glue but the label says "Waterbase sealer, glue & finish." 

This project was so easy to do that JP and Hunter helped out. 


I bought a sheet of scrapbook paper at JoAnn's for $.49 and then cut out rectangles to cover all ten of the clothespins I could find in our laundry room. 







Hunter and JP helped with the Mod Podge. I showed them what to do and Hunter went straight to work.

JP on the other hand mostly just stood there pretending to dunk his brush in the Mod Podge, while saying "dunk dunk dunk." It took a little convincing with him but he managed to get one done!


After each one had some glue on it, I carefully placed the strips of paper on the clothespin and hung them on the cupboard, out of the way, to dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!