Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Vacation

#12. A vacation I would like to take this year

Let me recap last year first by saying I traveled a lot. 2011 was a very busy travel year for us. I went to visit my home town at least 6 times (which is quite a bit considering it's 4.5 hrs away) but most was wedding related. It still counts. In February, Perry and I went to Spokane for a parenting seminar. I flew to Tacoma in May and then Perry and I drove to Roseburg, OR in June. Later in June, my sisters and I met in Spokane for a girls weekend. After our wedding, Perry and I visited Jamaica for a week.  Shortly after that, Perry & I and the boys made a trip to Spokane to do Christmas shopping. And how could I forgot? Perry was in Phoenix for a whole month training. So it doesn't seem like a vacation is in our near future, given all the travel we did last year!

With that said, our trip to Spokane has turned out to be an annual thing. We always enjoy taking the boys to see the big Red Wagon in the park. Hopefully this year we'll be able to take them to the kids museum there too!

As for a vacation though.... I'm not sure where I'd pick! But I'll tell you this: When Perry is done working overnights, and I regain my sanity, we are taking a family vacation to somewhere! Somewhere we haven't been. Somewhere close, but far enough away to feel like a vacation. I think taking the boys on a train ride would be lots of fun! But I grew up near the train, so other than the train ride, I don't know where we'd go. I've been to all the stops before... Oh the choices!

I think Yellowstone Park would be fun to visit. I was there when I was young, but hardly remember it.I vaguely remember seeing Old Faithful and it was a sight to see! Going in the summertime would be fun to do as well. We have a bunch of camping equipment that we've been given for Christmas and showers and birthdays, but we've yet to use it. We haven't really done anything "nature" related yet with the boys. We talk about taking them fishing and such but just haven't made time for it. Montana is such a wonderful place to live, I just wish we could make time to enjoy more of it. On my bucket list....

2 comments:

Katie said...

Thank you for hopping over to Saving and Sharing It and following me. I am now following back. Hope you have a great day!

Katie
http://www.savingandsharingit.blogspot.com

Our 365 Days said...

that would be a fun vacation!! Once the boys are older I'd like to go to some fun places like that!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!