Monday, January 9, 2012

Hair Bows

I've been on a felt kick the last few days. I'm anxious to learn to make different flowers, but until then, I'm working with what I know.




These are the hair clip bows I worked on tonight. Super easy to make. And quicker than the flowers!



Using a hot glue gun, quickly glue the edges of the clip and add felt to it. CAUTION: The other side of the clip will be hot when you press the felt to it. (I learned this the hard way a few times!) I say do this quick because the cold clip cools the glue pretty quickly.

Once its fully dry, cut the excess off around it.



Next, using the same color that you covered the clip with, cut out an oval and a little rectangular strip.



Pinch the sides together in the middle and glue the crease together. Once dry, glue the strip over top and secure on the bottom as well. Glue bow to clip and your done!


I thought these were cute hair clips too!


1 comment:

Kile Lea said...

you need to have a girl!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!