Monday, January 9, 2012

Oh the Messes

#9. I never thought I'd find this in my child's room

Let me begin by saying, our first mistake was moving Hunter to a toddler bed at the age of 15 months, so little JP could have his crib when he was born. We could close the door at night and know that's where he was going to be in the morning because he neither had the height, nor the ability to open his bedroom door.

Fast forward to a few months later.... Little Hunter woke up one morning, and began playing with his toys in his room, no big deal. I woke up, thought I should tape the changing table drawer closed, but fell back asleep. Little to my dismay, by the time I woke up, he had gotten into the changing table and took out the A&D ointment. For those of you who don't know, it's this brownish/orange greasy goo. And for whatever reason, the last person to use it, didn't screw the lid back on so it was fair game. By the time I got to him, he was one greasy, slimy mess...not to mention the carpet! Lucky for me, it's not water soluble, so I couldn't just bath him. Out came the cornstarch... I was able to get it all out of the carpet, but his pj's has to be tossed.

But seriously...oh the messes Hunter makes. I say Hunter because JP is really just a good well mannered kid. He's laid back and just a plain easy kid. Hunter is the complete opposite. He is filled with energy from the moment he wakes up and has to be constantly doing something. There is never a dull moment when he's around!

I wish I could find the picture I could swear I took of Hunter covered from head to foot in A&D ointment. But here are some other messes.
No biggie on this one...but still, did you have to take them ALL out?

These are Froot Loops all over the floor. I was on the phone with my wedding photographer. They were being quiet and giggling occasionally, so I figured they were good. Wrong. After they helped clean up, Hunter immediately went to the basement and dumped out a 500 piece puzzle of mine....

Let's see...what else... Hunter's favorite spot to hide in JP's room is right by the changing table, in front of the dresser. About 4 months ago, I brought home a 24oz bottle of honey, since the boys love honey on toast. What I didn't realize what that Hunter then took it and dumped it out all over this favorite spot of his. When I found the missing boy, again, he was covered from head to foot disguised as one gooey mess. That hasn't been completely worked out of the carpet. To clean up, I was able to scoop some of it back in the bottle....later, this bottle was placed on the counter, amongst other things. That afternoon, Hunter and I went outside to mow and he came and told me he was going inside (thankyou!) so I finished the row and followed. Not quickly enough though. Got the honey all over the kitchen floor. I learned my lesson, and after sitting in time out for an hour and a half, watching me mow the yard, I think he did too. He knew I was mad!

This is Hunter's room. Very rarely do they ever actually play in here. On this particular day, they played cars and trains together. Laughing and giggling, and NOT fighting. They were awesome! I left for 2 minutes to get the laundry and I come back to this. Body pain from their bathroom ALL over the floor. 

This was easy to clean up, especially compared to the day before's mishap. I was making Hunter's birthday cake in the kitchen as the boys were napping, or so I thought. Hunter had actually gotten into my baking supplies and found the cake dye. When I went to check on him, he was purple, blue, green, and orange. And so was his favorite hiding place in his room. That didn't come out of the carpet so his new big boy bed covers that accident...

And then there was this Mommy made mess that I let Hunter join in on.

3 comments:

Our 365 Days said...

oh no!! We've had run-ins with A&D cream too!! Some of your pics brought back memories from when I did daycare...one time I was letting them play with rice at the table in pots and pans, I went to the bath room, came back and they were in the living room, throwing the rice all over the place!!!

Unknown said...

haha, I laugh with you not at you! It's funny cause I remember baby powder incidents, where I'd walk into a very quiet room to see them covered head to toe in powder.

Sadie D said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one this has happened to!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!