Sunday, January 15, 2012

Annoying Cartoons

#14. Why I don't like a certain cartoon....

 I'm not sure exactly why, but I've always despised SpongeBob Square Pants since the show first aired. I don't recall ever watching an episode, but I've seen enough previews. I cannot stand his voice. At all. I find him to be annoying and a bit crude. Patrick just seems like a "dumb" character. Regardless, JP loves SpongeBob. We're fortunate to not have cable, and primarily rely on PBS for our cartoons.


When we first had Hunter, Perry and I made a pact to not allow Dora in our home. So far so good. Closest thing we have is a Diego sippy cup. I'm fine with Diego, but Perry and I have a mutual hate for Dora. I think most of it has stemmed from the remaking of her. She doesn't even look like a little girl anymore! I like that she incorporates the Spanish language into the show, but I just don't care at all for her character.

 

Don't get me wrong on this one, I LOVE Winnie the Pooh. And I can't say I dislike Darby, who is Christopher Robin's younger cousin. She replaced him a few years back because, to my knowledge, the person who Christopher Robin portrayed passed away. Darby was then created to carry on the adventures with Winnie the Pooh. I guess the show is now called Tigger and Friends. I like the original!

5 comments:

Chaton T. Turner said...

My little girl is just 15 months so we're just getting into cartoons. She was addicted to the Baby Einstein Beethoven DVD though. Didn't hate them, but I do hope she doesn't love Barney. I could smack him!!! Thanks for following me. Following you back from Chaton's World http://chatonsworld.blogspot.com! I need three more followers to reach 200. Thanks for helping me reach my goal!

Unknown said...

Hi! Just stopping by to thank you for the follow! I am now following back! Darling boys! We have all girls including a ten month old who loves Elmo:)

Fara's Designs said...

I do hate some cartoons too! I don't like Sponge Bob and also never seen an entire episode, but I've seen enough to regard that is not made for kids. I don't like DORA at ALL! I am a puertorrican mother who wants my kids to learn both languages (Spanish and English) BUT SHE IS TO LOUD! My daughter start to see Dora in the early years and I notice that something was annoying me all mourning and making my daughter to yell at me, that was DORA. No more DORA for her! I also love original Winnie the Pooh, in fact that was the first movies that I allow my daughter to see. They are all about love and friendship. I love them. But also like the new version, because integrate the TEAM work.
For me, since Cartoons are part of my kids life, I try to choose the ones that contribute to their learning and imagination, but also the ones that help the preserve their innocence.

Thanks for stop by my blog,

cariños,

Fara

www.littlethingscreations.blogspot.com

Our 365 Days said...

I didn't even know about Christopher Robin being replaced! But yea, I agree with the other two!! I don't mind Diego so much though!

Sean Marie said...

Ohmygosh, I am so glad I'm not alone in this. I HATE Spongebob. I think it's inappropriate for young kids and he is so obnoxious. I also hate Hello Kitty. I can't fathom why I see grown women carrying Hello Kitty purses.

New follower from mommy bloggers. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!